Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jubilee Weekend - Friday

A collection of photos I took while walking around my neighborhood on the Friday before the Jubilee flotilla parade.

The tall ships anchored on the side of the Tower Bridge that I live on.  These ships are too tall to take part in the actual parade.

Flags are popping up everywhere!

This was my favorite tall ship.  A stranger was telling me about the history of this boat (this is a replica of a really old boat and they acted like I should know the name of the person who sailed it).  I said "Oh, the one that looks like it has a crown on it?"  and they said "Um, you mean the crow's nest?"  I'm clearly not in the know with ship lingo...

Nothing to do with the Jubilee...but we have our very own Bansky graffiti right by my flat!  Supposedly Brad & Angelina had a wall with a Banksy painting on it shipped to one of their homes and installed inside the house.

Isn't she lovely...

No comments: