Friday, June 16, 2006

Not A Princess

I'm not a princess anymore. Gone are the plush bath robes, slippers, free mini bar, panoramic views of the mediterranean sea...

Now i'm holed back up at the club quarters with tiny bathrooms, nothing to drink, and a happening view of a ton of pigeons on the top of a dirty building.

We had fun watching the football game yesterday - England vs Trinidad. England decided to make it a game in the final 10 minutes.

Yesterday I had about an hour-long discussion with a guy from India that wears a turban. Now I can only imagine that this is the first time i've had that long of a conversation in that scenario. I was enthralled with how it was so tightly wound...i just kept looking at the intersection point in the front. It reminded me of the tape we used to wrap our bats or tennis racquets. I guess I expected it to be thicker.

Now keep in mind, i'm in a full blown conversation with this person while i'm analyzing this. I'm certain I probably offended him...so halfway through i tried very hard not to look at the intersection point of the turban...well that's just hard to do. I resorted back to being 3 years old and seeing something different for the first time. Note to self: work on the basic skills of being polite.

No comments: