Saturday, November 26, 2005

I heart NY!

Well I’m off to my American Holiday weekend!  I must admit I’m pretty excited.  I really want to be able to walk into stores at any old time I please (before 9pm on most days and 6pm on Sundays of course…).

Does anyone know the rules on bringing cheese back into the states?  What about flower bulbs?  Those are the things that most interest me here.

I saw the funniest thing in a magazine (I can only look at pictures here, I have no idea what the article says).  It was a golf club, but instead of a regular club head on the club (I think that’s what they are called) it was a wooden clog!  Ha.  They were using a wooden clog golf club to hit rounds of Gouda cheese.  Hysterical.  I wish I could make out from the article where this place was.

I’m having a good time making up the words for the signs that are around me.  Every now and then I see packs of cigarettes that I’m certain are warning me that if I smoke, I will have “random black toe”…now that’s scary!  Hell, I’m even making up words for the signs that I’m pretty certain are promoting the new Harry Potter book…those say “Saturday night live does a much better job at playing our characters…”

I watched a movie the other night, but besides that I have only watched the tv two other times.  I can get the BBC news station in my hotel room.  Speaking of…I just found out this morning that I will be getting a larger room when I go back on Monday!  Woo Hoo.  I asked for the honeymoon suite (it has a bath tub) but they didn’t buy it.

I do not seem to be getting WiFi service in the airport, so you guys will prolly be disappointed when you don’t have a blog at the normal time…my apologies.  I had a 2 ½ hr train ride that took off at 7:00 this morning.  Off to NYC!!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!  Gobble, Gobble.

No comments: