Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mosquito


The weather is awful today. I didn’t realize it was raining until I left the hotel. I left at the same time as another consultant was leaving so we were going to walk there together. As I was fumbling for my umbrella…a car slams on it’s breaks right in front of us.

The other consultant says “look a cab!” so we both head toward it. I opened the back seat and there is no where to sit due to two car seats. Strange cab.

I get in the front instead and let the guys worry about getting the car seats out of the way so Raymond would have a place to sit as well. I am still a bit confused at this point and just ride quietly to the office. The man parks the car out front and we all walk into the office together. Turns out, wasn’t a cab at all…just a man going to the same building as us offering us a ride. I barely had time to thank him, as I was still processing it all.

Weird part is…how did he know we were going there, and where the heck was he coming from in the first place (I don’t think it’s even a road he picked us up on in front of the hotel it’s just like one huge sidewalk that some people park cars on)? Very much an Alias moment…

My hotel is above, the building with the flourescent green outline.

We ate dinner at a place called the Mug. Mug means mosquito. They brew their own beer, it was very tasty. I had very good company tonight with a group of guys that work for the client.

I just got off of a conference call with the US office so that they could explain how I should best do a unit of measure conversion on top of a currency conversion while taking the average of the unit of measure over a 6 month period. I do not miss math. And I’m very tired…

No comments: