Monday, November 21, 2005

Windowsill Fridge


I left the office about 20 minutes early on friday so that I could finally make my grocery purchases I wanted to make. I ended up grabbing water, diet coke, bread, gouda cheese, and crunchy cashew butter. Don’t ask me what possessed me to get the cashew butter, especially considering I’ve never like peanut butter. I haven’t opened the bottle of it yet.

The cheese was kept fresh on my windowsill through the weekend. It is metal…so it’s the single coldest item in my room. My cokes are up there as well, I’m sure the people that clean my room think I’m strange.

After I shopped I went back to the hotel. I sat downstairs at the bar and talked to the girl who works at the hotel most days…I typically see her at breakfast in the mornings. She is a very nice girl, only 18 years old. She was explaining that she’s taking driving lessons…they are not allowed to get a license until after 18 yrs…plus a ton of lessons it sounded like.

I ordered some dinner from the pizza delivery place. The hotel has deals worked out with local restaurants to where they deliver food there, the hotel serves it at a place setting for you (as if they’ve cooked it) and they charge it to the room. It’s pretty handy and keeps them from having to have a full kitchen. I ordered a nice salad from the place…it’s full service Italian food, and very good.

Shortly after that, one of my coworkers popped into the hotel to see if I wanted to join him for dinner. I walked across the street with him and sat with him while he ate. They eat very late here…they do not sit down to eat until after 8…then at least an hour if not 2 before the food is served. He made fun of me for eating so early.

I went straight back to the hotel and went to bed after that. I finally had a great night’s sleep and I didn’t have to wake up until about 9:30 saturday morning.

No comments: